The first major art fair for 2015 starts in Singapore named Art Stage. 145 galleries from 29 countries will participate with around 70% of them from Asia. Having a strong Asian identity is important for Art stage Singapore, thus they are supportive of Asian galleries as well. Over 40,000 visitors are expected.
The Southeast Asia Platform is an additional 1000-square meter exhibition curated by Khim Ong from Singapore will showcase 15 artists from Asia. Art Stage Singapore will aslo present 5 Special Exhibitions covering a spectrum from Modern Art to the latest video works.
1. Special Exhibition – Russia featuring two video works by a Russian art collective AES+F
2. Andre Masson – Metamorphosis will be the largest retrospective in Asia devoted to the French surrealist.
3. Video Stage will showcase more than 60 video works from the region and around the world.
4. Looking out / Looking In showing four young emerging artists from Korea.
5. Being Human is a special figurative exhibition of 16 Malaysian artists.
At the same time Singapore Art Week is held led by the National Arts Council for a 9-day celebration of visual arts, held across a variety of venues in Singapore.
Time to book your trip for an active and interesting art week.
For more information visit, www.artstagesingapore.com.